Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Changes...

So, yesterday was an interesting day.

I was in a pissy, bitchy mood all day just thinking about going to work.....here's why.

Erik has had 2 job interviews over the last few days, one at a Hyundai Dealership, and one at a Volkswagon dealership. Now, obviously, I want Erik to work full time because he brings in more $$ per hour than I do, I make 8$ per hour......right now he's bring in 23$. I mentioned the interviews to my boss, and she got really mad, saying that she was " relying on me to work during the days as of next week", and asked me to get my husband to refuse the job offers so i can work while he stays home.

Can you imagine??

When I told her I wouldn't do that, she got upset. I asked her if it was posible for me to work 6-10 in the evenings instead of 5 to 10, cause obviously Erik wouldn't be home from work to take the kids for 5. Her response really pissed me off. she said " why would I go out of my way, to sit around here and wait an hour after my shift ends to make sure you show up."

So, I did yesterday what I needed to do for my family. I put in to be transferred to front end. They are willing to schedule me however I need to be scheduled, and they have no hassle. I don't have to worry about hair nets, taking the stud out of my nose, or taking off my engagement or wedding rings. No more hassle of slicing meat, or scooping salads, or dishes, or cleaning. I. Can't. Wait!

When I told my boss last night that I had asked to be transferred, she was pissy. "oh great, now I have to hire another person to replace you." Well, thats just too bad toots. If ya would have dropped an hour off my evening shifts, ya wouldn't have to now would ya? I at least agreed to stay in the deli until we are sure that Erik is going to get a job at a dealership. I reallllllly hope he does. Keep yer fingers crossed!

No comments: