Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finally!! Some GOOD news!!!!

Hi there!

After all that has happened the last few weeks, with moms second knee surgery, andd the things with the dog, I was really getting desperate for some type of good news.

AND!!!!

We finally got some!!

Erik is coming home for a 2 week compassionate leave, that they ( a doctor, a social worker, and a padre) decided was necessary based upon his health and mental well being. For the last few weeks, since the BS had started with them not knowing about his courses, and then telling him that he wasn't skilled, he hasn't been able to keep any food down, and he cannot sleep. He is constantly throwing up, and doesn't have energy to do anything. Not to mention the emotional strain of things going south between him and I.

I am so happy that he is coming home for a short break. We have alot of things to work on to save our relationship, but I know we can do it:) He said he wants to "talk" about things (military) when he comes home, and decide what to do and where to go from there. Whatever it is he decides to do, I'm going to support him.

If things go correctly, we will be home tomorrow night!

Mom is finally out of the hospital, with a Mid line in her arm, and her new best friend being an IV pump machine that sits in a black shoulder bag. It will give her 3 doses of antibiotics a day, every 8 hours. We need to go every day to get the bag changed , but such is life if mom wants to stay home. After the IV meds are complete, she has to take another 6 months of antibiotics by mouth. Hopefully, things are on the right track.

Speaking of mom, I have been in the process of planning a surprise party for her 50th birthday, and its just about all pulled together!!! It all goes down this Sunday. I have a wonderful lady making her a 2 tiered birthday cake, and i can't wait to see it! She does some amazing wedding cakes, so I know it will be beautiful! It will be at my aunts house, and all of her family is in on it. I can't wait to see her face when she walks in!!! She thinks there is a baby shower for my pregnant cousin on Sunday there, so its funny talking about helping getting things together for it with her, cause she's helping for her own party!!!

I know she will be more than happy on Sunday, after all that she's been through.

Finally!! Something I can be excited about!!!

No comments: