I received word today from the police that the dog has been euthanized, as of this morning.
Agriculture department is going to take her body for testing, to see if there was anything medically wrong with her that could have caused what happened.
After having my dog so long, and after feeling like I really knew and understood her personalty, I have chosen to believe that it wasn't "her" that did this. The real her may have been trapped inside somewhere, or maybe the real her was gone by then, but what attacked my baby wasn't the dog I knew and loved so much.
My heart aches knowing that my beloved dog is gone, but I know, in the end, that this was the best decision. She had become vicious, and I can't stand to watch as another person is hurt by her, with her being in the twisted place that she was in.
After all of this I still love my dog, more than any other pet I have ever had. I miss her so much that my heart aches. I had to make sure that no other children, or people for that matter were hurt, and I know she is at peace now with whatever was tormenting her, and she is her old self up in puppy heaven.
Kallie is healing very well. The wounds inside of her mouth are almost completely healed, and the ones on her lip outside are closing in nicely. From the looks of things, she may not even scar from this, which would be a bonus.
Time will heal wounds, but what happened to her is burned into my memory. It will take some time, but i'm sure things will go back to normal, as normal normal ever is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:( I'm so sad for you.
I am glad you're baby is OK.
Post a Comment